Territory Sales Merchandiser for Steve’s PaleoGoods
Steve’s PaleoGoods (www.stevespaleogoods.com) is a food company that provides all-natural products focusing on the “Paleo” and gluten-free market. Our products include beef jerky, grain-free granola bars and cereals, dried fruits, as well as a full line of dressings and marinades.
A percent of proceeds from our PaleoGoods go to support our 501c3 non-profit, Steve’s Club National Program (www.stevesclub.org) that provides fitness, nutrition, and mentorship to at-risk youth in cities across the country. This is an integral part of what we do, and the growth of Steve’s PaleGoods allows us to continue to fund that mission.
Our Team: We’re a small team where each person directly contributes to the success and growth of the company. Every team member is expected to think strategically, and also roll up their sleeves to implement those strategies. In this fast-paced environment, the most successful team members are able to manage projects from start to finish, be proactive to improve operations, and continue to grow the brand. A positive attitude and team approach is a must, especially when problem-solving and taking on new responsibilities.
Title: Territory Sales Merchandiser – MidAtlantic & NorthEast Territory
Objective: Your overall objective is to strengthen and grow the brand within assigned territory and markets, especially Whole Foods Market. You will be responsible for extensive sales, merchandising, and grassroots marketing interaction in assigned accounts including demo support, promotional opportunities, and off shelf merchandising.
- At least 2+ years experience in sales, retail, or account management. Natural Products experience is a plus.
- Exceptional people skills
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Strong Excel skills preferred
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Bachelor’s degree required
- CrossFit and Paleo a plus
Sales and Merchandising interaction with assigned accounts within the MidAtlantic & NorthEast Region.
- Create strong relationships within Whole Foods (all stores in assigned regions)
- Grassroots, store level marketing including building bigger displays, gaining secondary product placement, networking within the store
- Merchandising current product space in optimal and prime shelf location
- Work with Grocery Team Leaders for turnover orders to increase sales through distributor
- Work towards 100% brand placement in every account
- Ability to problem solve and trouble shoot for field sales issues
- Promptly handle all retail inquiries with exceptional customer service
- Develop opportunities within the position to expand both customer business and company growth.
Customer Relationship Management
- Be the primary point of contact for store level visits including grocery team leaders, buyers, demo specialists, etc. Build very strong relationships within these accounts.
- Make sure all contacts have been personally communicated with at least 1x per month
- Weekly email or phone contact to all stores (1 contact per store per week)
- Visit stores in person
- Build a call route to be able to visit stores in an effective manner
- Whole Foods is priority but filling in stores with independent and co-op accounts as assigned by manager
- Build brand through customer relations
Demos & Events
- 5-10 demos per month will be required
- Coordinate demos with store, ensure proper product is ordered and delivered
- Attend all area tradeshows and other events as planned by company
- Write up summary after each demo and event
- Ability to run reports and monitor sales numbers
- Be able to pre-plan your week based on updated weekly movement numbers
- Maintain and update customer CRM at the end of each day with call notes and stores visited.
- Weekly and Monthly reports and check-in with your manager and team
- Passionate individual willing to drive the mission
- Positive attitude and general excitement for the brand
- Energy and hard work is a must!
*The responsibilities listed reflect the current needs of the organization, but as a small company, these may change over time (but will be discussed).
Position: This is a full-time position (40 hrs/wk), field territory position. Living in the center of Mid-Atlantic and NorthEast territories is preferred.
Salary: As a full-time position, the salary for this position will be $40,000 - $45,000/year, commensurate with experience. Salary will be paid bi-weekly, subject to deductions for taxes and other withholdings as required by law or the policies of the company. Our employees are the key to our success, and we reward strong contributors. Salary increases are merit-based, and can happen at any time during the year. Annual performance and financial review are conducted in January. Travel reimbursement is also included.
Benefits: Health insurance included, 401k (eligible after 1 year), 10 days of paid vacation, flexible schedule, and casual work environment.
Reporting Relationship: The position will report to Jaime Cahalan, but feedback for the annual performance review will be given by the entire team.
Start Date: ASAP
To Apply: Please send resume and essay as to why you are the perfect fit for this position to email@example.com with the subject line “Territory Sales Merchandiser”. Looking forward to hearing from you!